Sunday, December 31, 2006

Fun AT Fridays

Yesterday was a freaking blast!! The day started of rather dull but that was no indication as to how the night would go.
In the morning, I woke up, and did the usual. At about 10, I was listening to this song by AC/DC. it was called You Shook Me All Night Long. I loved it so much that I learnt how to play it on that very day. I even posted it on my blog for god sake! Then, after playing guitar, I had to go to college to go for the Music Club meeting. On the way there, while passing by 2D, I saw a very familiar little white dog. So, I looked harder, and unsurprisingly, it was my dog who had ran away from home for like the fourth time this freaking month! Fortunately she had not been dog napped like how some of the other residents dogs have been. Furthermore, my dog is one hell of a friendly dude who would allow any Tom, Dick or Harry carry or even feed her. So, I would consider herself very lucky to have not been dog napped after spending more than 3 quarters of this month away from home. So after I caught her, I carried her in my arms and took her home. An act which left me with white colored dog fur all over my black shirt. I dusted them out, leashed her and walked toward college again.
But, before going to college, I needed to drop by the post office for the umpteenth time this week to go and once again settle some bills. So I dully walked there thinking that I was going to be super late for the meeting and I would get screwed, only to find that the post office was suffering from a dearth(very few) of customers! Oh well, I can't complain now as it the first time that I had actually walked into a post office which was almost empty. Very un-malaysian. So I grabbed a number, and walked towards the counter to pay my bills. And as usual, the employee at the counter had a very sour face. But then again, that's what you get for working on a Saturday right?
So, after I had paid, I walked over to College and found Mun Yee and Hazwani there. They were speaking in Accounts! The only language that I hate! You Accounts is where somebody keeps speaking about the accounts of some organization, in this case Music Club. They were speaking about profits and losses and all sorts of accounting mumbo jumbo which I clearly wasn't interested in. Ever wondered why I dropped accounts lessons after just two months? So, I looked on and pretended to be interested. After the Accounts filled meeting, Kiu, Chris and I went to play pool at Asia Cafe. I only won 2 matches out of like 4 I guess. Very depressing indeed.
After pool, I got home and got ready for tonight's gathering at TGI Fridays, the place where I used to work and collected 2 WOW Pins from the general Manager for keeping the toilets very clean. Making sure that the urinals had ice cubes and lemon! Yes dudes and dudettes, before they renovated, the toilets at TGI Fridays had no flush. So to compensate for this lack of flush, they used ice cubes to flush out the urine and the lemon to give a fresh smell, and folks, that's how Iced Lemon Pee was invented!
I got ready at around 6 o'clock. Ping Fuan came at about 6.15,this was when he told me about his little biking incident that left him with stitches on his forehead! Fortunately he did not pull the 'Jason Sim' stunt on himself! This stunt was named in the honor of Jason Sim who managed to wreck a car's windshield using only his head and his bike which later landed him in hospital!
But anyways, by 6.45, we all left the house to go to Fridays. William drove Ping Fuan and I there while Jon went with Sara. After parking in the basement, the 6 of us met up at Fridays. When we got there, Chris had already came. So now were 7 people. But we still had to wait for about 5 more people out of which 3 FFK-ed. Yeah, and also, a few people, in true Malaysian glory, were fashionably late. So after we had settled down, we started of with our round of jokes. We were so damn loud that people from the other table were looking at us. I remembered how this lady was looking at our table. But what can I say? Having fun is a must. Furthermore, it was a good thing that Chris, Jon and Ping Fuan came, they were the natural born ice breakers! The rest of us were better at following up, or so to speak. After about half an hour, we ordered our drinks and an appetizer. Pretty late I guess. For when I worked there last time around, a customers order had to be taken within 5 minutes. But then again, this was surely through no fault of the waitress. Half the table which we booked was empty. So it would be much wiser to let everybody come before they take our orders. At around 7.45, Amanda arrived. After she had come in, we placed our orders. But at that point, most of us, myself excluded were already quite full from eating appetizers. But we ordered anyway. While waiting for our food to come, we joked and talked all kinds of crap. I mean, we were super loud. People from all over were looking at our table! Even the hosts and hostesses stole glances at our table. Occasionally, I saw the waiters and waitresses laughing to our jokes. But then again, whats a night out without fun and games and irritating those around you? So we ate, and Chris started taking pictures of all our foods claiming that they looked more appetizing in the picture. Good photography I guess. His actions made us laugh like crazy. My stomach was hurting so bad due to laughing. At this point people were staring at us in droves! At around 8.30, our food finally arrived. I had smothered chicken. But the chicken looked rather scrawny to me. And while eating we were joking about all kinds of bull shit. Once, I even choked on my own food. And while eating we made stupid poses in front of our food for the camera. Man, the pictures were superb. I'll upload them when I get them from Chris or whoever who took them. In between the meals, we were so damn full from appetizers that we had to take 10 minute breaks from eating! I pitied Jon, he couldn't finish his burger. Though there was no alcohol on the table that night, everyone of us looked drunk. Song commented that all of us had gotten high on food! And he suggested that we dance Shakira's Hips Don't Lie to make our food digest faster. And believe it or not we did! Imagine a bunch of teens dancing hips don't lie on their chairs. I tell you that was a bloody good sight! Soon the tables around us started to become empty because the customers around us could not take our noise! We went on that way until 10'o clock I guess. Then dessert came. Desserts were a killer. We were all sharing each others desserts. When the waitress, brought our desserts, we informed her that it was Chris Lam's birthday. Yeah we had two Chris's for the night. Ee and Lam. A couple of minutes later, the waiter came and gave Chris a birthday bash, Frdays style!! I'll get Chris Ee to post the video of this incident on you tube for all of your viewing pleasure!
After the birthday bash, we continued eating our desserts and my dessert got hijacked by Chris Ee and Song Sing who claimed that my Ice Cream went well with their chocolate cakes. But heck, sharing is caring right? After 10.30, slowly one by one excused themselves to go back home. At around 11, only 5 people out of the original 9 were left at the table. Even so, we were still loud! I managed to drop my knife and two broccoli's on the floor while laughing! Then, William and I left at around 11, leaving Jon, Amanda and Song at the table. As I was walking out, I met many of my old colleagues. I spoke to them for a while. And guess who I met? Mr.Aidee, my ex boss and the most perverted of all bosses! And who can't even tie his tie! Yeah, I spoke to him and he even asked how come you guys were loud and are staying here so long? I just smiled at him and said that we were having fun. After that, William sent me home. We had spent 4 hours crapping around at TGI Fridays!! Now that was awesome. I guess we should all do this again!! I was crazy I tell you!
A perfect way to cap up the year. Goodbye 2006. I shall miss you!

No comments: