My Christmas day this year was one heck of a crazy day!! It was superb I tell you. I mean, I had fun, I met many people, I met old friends whom I've not seen in many years, I strengthened relationships with already good friends, I found Sugar(my dog)!! and a hell lot more. But I did have one regret though, the pictures that I took on that day were absolutely horrible save for a few good ones. Of course, I feel like a total bummer. But then again, every photographer does have a bad picture day right? But this was how the day started.
Me, being me, a complete time freak, I woke up at 7 o'clock in the morning. I had to go over to Christina's house and drive her to church, the first time I drove a lady around...hehe. I just hope that my driving wasn't that bad. Well, anyways, I woke up, got dressed, grabbed the presents and ate breakfast. Breakfast was a real bummer. Why? It was because I made my own tea!! And you know how I am at cooking. Twice this year I had burned myself while cooking. One with hot oil which landed me with a huge and bulging thumb. Just ask Jon and Elena, they will tell you. Second was a Maggi mee incident. As I was taking the pot over the stove the cloth got stuck in a small crack, which caused my arm to jerk and the hot soup poured all over my hand. But thankfully I was not seriously injured enough to stop playing guitar. There you have it folks. But I do make great sandwiches you know. By the time I got all that done, it was only 8 o'clock in the morning. It was still early and I had alot of time left. But yet I felt that I was late! I was counting the seconds till it was 8.30! I had originally planned to leave at 8.30 so that I would make it in time to fetch Christina and Ping Fuan. I was supposed to fetch them at 9.15! Now anybody would tell you that the journey from my house to the intended destination would take about 5 minutes driving time. But maybe it was the excitement of watching Christina sing that got me really pumped to reach there early. So, at the precise hour of 8.30, I jumped into the car and drove away. After stopping at Kiosk to grab some gum, I continued my journey to Christina's house. And as fate would have it, I reached there at 8.45! Of course I was too early, so I decided to pull up by the road beside a park and play some songs by Brett Scallions and gang a.k.a Fuel, the only band that I love to death! So, as I slowly listened to the tracks and savouring the lyrics and music, I kept looking at the clock. And boy was I mad at it, sometimes I wondered whether the clock was playing tricks on me. I would close my eyes for what seemed like ten minutes and open it only to find that the clock had moved only by a minute. But after some time, the clock did reach the right time. I switched gears to D, pulled down the handbrake and slowly attempted to find house number 45. Well, after some looking I found it. Gates wide opened with a silver Toyota parked at the driveway. At first I horned, but no one came out, so I decided not to horn but to call instead. After all, I did figure that horning a few times would irritate the sleeping residents in the surrounding area. So I called and informed Christina that I had arrived. After we had packed her stuff into the car, we drove off to Mamak Bistro to pick Ping Fuan up. But as usual, the dude was late!! But it was not too worry because we alighted from the car and had a drink at Mamak Bistro. Yeah, The three of us sat at Mamak Bistro while waiting for Ping Fuan to come. Yeah we did spend some time catching up. When he finally came, Christina settled the bill, which was awfully sweet of her to do so and we left for church Along the way we joked and stuff, and of course, guess who wanted to attempt to drive the car?? And after some fairly 'good' navigating from the girls (turn left, no turn right), which resulted in a few laughs, we reached the church. I quickly found a parking spot and turned the car into the slot. But I do have to admit that I parked like a complete bummer.But who cares? It is Christmas right? So I guessed it was time for the dude who parked beside me to share a little bit of his parking slot with me.
So we got our stuff down and proceeded to the entrance of the church. I was introduced to a few new people by Christina. Of course, I forgotten their names, but I can never forget their warmth and friendliness. I felt at home straight away! Little did I know that more surprises were in store for me later on. As I walked in; John Lee, a friend of mine since primary school greeted us. Of course it has been quite a while since I have spoken to him. Even better when he told me that a dear friend of mine whom I have not seen in years, Bryan Chan was also at church. Upon our reunion, we gave each other a huge hug. Of course, I was thrilled to see him. Friends are more precious than a bag of gold. I honestly don't know where I'd be without them. We took our seats and proceeded to wait for the day's programme to begin.
As the MC took to the stage, and gave a speech and a few carrolings, the real gig began. A band of carollers took to the stage and gave some wonderful performances. I managed to take some pictures, but as fate would have it, they turned up not the way that I had expected them to. But I'd have to say that the Bomb really came when Christina performed her solo song. No, I'm not just saying this just because she is my friend, but rather it is really because do I think that she deserves due credit for it. Despite her having butterflies in her stomach and stage fright, I don't know if she realises this but, she sang and played with so much precision and haunting emotion that the lyrics to the song seemed so real! I really don't know if I have ever witnessed singing like that before! Therefore, kudos to her!!
After the performances, there were a few sharing sessions, but the funniest and most meaningful of all came from this man who had no hair. I forgotten his name, unfortunately. Oh well, but I have already resigned to the fact that I am bad with names and faces.
But after all that had finished, it was time for what we Malaysians specialize in. FOOD!! With a capital FOOD! Yeah, the food was great. I chowed down while talking to Ping Fuan. After I had had my fill, I went in search of Bryan. I wanted to meet his parents. I had also not seen them in years. And I was fortunate enough to get the chance to talk to his mother. Then, we went in to the church and took a seat at the rear end where once again we did meet new people. Among all a photographer who taught me new things about my camera. Soon we were joined by Bryan and his brother Ian. We took some pictures. Then the bomb finally arrived in the form of Ethan!! Why? Because the last time I saw him, he was just an infant! Cuddling in his mothers arms. Now, after all these years he is a child. And boy, I never did believe my parents when they said kids grow up so fast! We took a picture with Ethan also. Next Christina arrived. Again we took some pictures and talked for a while. Then she proceeded to take my camera and snapped away. And upon later inspection, on the contrary to my efforts for the day, her picture taking was a hell lot better then mine. Her success percentage was higher then mine. But oh well, it must be a bad picture day for me!!
So after all that was said and done, we shooked hands, gave hugs and said our goodbyes for the day and we went our separate ways. I sped off and managed to get slightly lost as we tried to find our way out of SS19!
As I was driving into my row, I saw a small white dog running along the road side. And upon straining my eyes, I realised that it was my dog!! She had ran away for about a week! I grinded to a halt and got Ping Fuan to go after my dog and bring it home. And that's when we met Yee Leong driving into his house. Boy, Christina ain't gonna be happy when she hears of this!! Ahha! We had planned to make curried fish out of him if he didn't turn up for Christina's gig!! Oh well, what are we waiting for? Grab the knives and spices and nets and lets get ready to do some fishing for the fish just lives behind my house!! Not to forget the big cooking pot that we may need!Ahha. No offence dude!!
So we got our dog home and went to Subang Parade where we did some window shopping.
I returned and watched some television. They had some good movies for the day. I remember watching Coach Carter. Its a true story about a failing high school basketball team and their new coach, Ken Carter. My god, that story was a damn good story. Inspirational to the core! If you haven't watched it yet, go watch it! Seriously!
Then after that, I went for a Christmas party at a neighbours house, but i excused myself a little early. I'm not very fond of parties. I'm a more settled guy in many ways. I got home, signed in to MSN and talked to a few friends. I tried to blog, but I didn't have any inspiration to blog. I had many ideas but somehow it just did not flow. Therefore I decided against blogging. I then listened to some Matchbox 20 ate some alcohol ed chocolates(my favorite) and went to bed.
Well, this was pretty much my Christmas day. I had fun. But what can I say? Merry Christmas y'all and a happy new year!
Tuesday, December 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment