Last night, I was able to do what I had not been able to do for quite along time. I had the liberty of actually driving my mothers car at speed unimpeded by factors such as errant road users save for one which I nearly crashed into, the roads were fairly empty thus giving me room to drag and most importantly I wasn't feeling very good, and that need to release some amount of frustration allowed me to put the pedal where it matters most.
You see, these past few days have been more of a mundane daily routine of waking up, staring at 3 different screens for hours on end, banking chores and of course a measly half an hour or so of pool with Leong. Not to mention that I was feeling something that I really don't know what to make of or how to put into words. If I could I would, but obviously I can't. I wouldn't say that I was frustrated or angry or whatever it is that causes one to have the desire of letting go of excess steam. I was like a pressure cooker but I didn't know what it is that was causing the of build-up of unwanted pressure. In short, I wasn't feeling it.
Tuesday was okay I guess, I spent the morning blogging about Christmas, which led to a small misunderstanding, but fortunately I got that settled and its now in the bin. Then I watched T.V, had lunch, and I went on to practice guitar for about two hours. Guitar playing that day was not as enjoyable as days of past. It just didn't sound right. Something was missing and I frequently caught myself playing alter bridge riffs and songs for god knows how long. I kept down tuning my guitar to B so that I could play Broken Wings, a song that I have been feverishly playing over the past few weeks. Its music and words connect so deeply that sometimes I feel like I'm Mark Tremonti minus the super fast solo's. But anyways, after I had played guitar, I went on to watch some television. I really forgot what I had watched but, whatever it was, wasn't interested. So, I got back to my laptop and did what I would normally do, only this time, it wasn't as interesting. But, I was well enough to blog. Deep inside, I was rambling, which of course explains the entry title, Ramblings. Then, someone passed on an unfounded judgement based on my metaphorical ways and difference in lenghts of my entries. Of course, I did not find it very funny nor amusing. So, I posted another entry to tell people not to come up with conclusions of their own without asking me first. Well, after that I continued staring at the computer screen. I replied Ashlea's e mails. I sent her more pictures and stuff like that. Well, that was about if for my Tuesday. But throughout the day, I only had one thing in my mind. And of course, no prizes for guessing what it was.
Then, Wednesday was slightly more interesting. I got to step out of the house to actually go and do something. Well, as usual, I spent my time blogging in the morning. Then, me and Leong went to go and play pool. We were supposed to be joined by Sara and her friend Pui Yan, but due to unfortunate circumstances, they were unable to join us. Oh well, there goes my rematch. Bu anyways, the two of us played pool and for the first time I trashed Leong in pool. 3-1 was the exact score. But honestly, pool did not feel very good that day. I was just shooting balls for the sake of shooting balls. I just had no mood to do anything. Seriously. I was just forcing myself. After pool, we went to Subang Parade for reasons that we didn't even know why. We walked around for a while then we went back home. When I went back home, I just sat on the floor beside my dog and started stroking it. It was the longest time that I had ever stroked my dog. Little did I know that she would run away again that very night. And that of course was my day. But once again, I couldn't focus. I was deep in thought the entire day.
Well, Thursday was pretty much the same as Tuesday. Computer, Bank, post office, Icls,TV, Computer. Damn I was lifeless.That's why I'm really looking forward to college. But at night, I had some self made fun. As I was on the computer, my bro asked me to fetch him to the studio which I reluctantly did. I had left my computer on and signed into MSN. Which would explain why you saw me online last night. After I had dropped him off, I looked at the roads. There were no cars. They looked very inviting. Furthermore, it had been quite a while since I had actually been able to actually drive my mothers car at the speeds which I felt comfortable with. Secondly, I hadn't been able to do much exploring with it. Moreover, I did need some time alone and needed to let some steam go. So what more was I waiting for. With a V6 under my hood and no passengers to worry about, I did what I loved most, trash the car.
After speeding through SS18, I turned in to SS14 where once again, I drove dangerously fast through narrow streets. Fortunately, I had not rammed into anyone or anything.As I pushed further I passed my secondary school, then turned into my primary school lane. Then I passed by Mamak Bistro. The road was a little to narrow for my liking, so I had to slow down to the curious gazers of the patrons. I quickly turned out and headed for the exit closest to the entrance of the high speed stretch from the traffic light to the end of SS14. The moment I reached the exit, I stepped on the pedal and pushed my car to about 100 I guess. I drove with one hand, an action that even professional race car drivers will tell you not to do, especially with a well handing car travelling at good speeds. But what the heck. If I needed to let go of some steam, it had to be now and why not do it in style? Which I would later regard as stupidity to the core. I wasn't able to push any further because, my cars weight and aerodynamic capability limited its top speed. But I had fun anyways. So after my little joy ride, I decided to return home. So if anyone heard or saw a speeding Naza last night at SS14, it was me! This was when I nearly crashed into an idiot who had no regard for the traffic laws. It was okay to speed but not to turn without looking. Fortunately, I saw him and braked in the nick of time to avoid crashing my front end into his car. It was a white Kancil by the way.
With that I returned home, and then went to bed.
And that was how I spent my last three days. Boring I know.
Friday, December 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment