I just realized, 6 days into the Olympics, Malaysia hasn't got any medals for anything... apart from not having any medals. I may not take a keen interest in Olympics as I do with motor sport but when countries with funny names, lower GDP and lower standards of living than us have a bigger medal count than us, someone, somewhere ought to be very worried. Big time. And if the situation prevails, it wouldn't be such a far fetched idea to predict a possible scandal. Anybody up for a tune called "We got substandard equipments and training because some politician decided that he wasn't making enough money to feed his mistresses?" I certainly am and wouldn't be surprised if it happened. But hey, who am I to comment? What do I know? Afterall, didn't we spend millions on some althletic facility in the British Isles so that we can actually have a shot at winning?
But what definitely irked me the most were the Chinese themselves. I seriously don't understand this sick and twisted mentality of perfection. How is it being in the spirit of the Olympics that one chooses to field a person based on their looks instead of their voice? I find it preposterous and ridiculous. And then, news of brick walls being built to hide the slums away from the prying eyes of the world is disheartening at best. Are poor people any lower from middle or higher income people? Are they of a different species that we must look down and feel ashamed about them? I think not. Because at the end of the day, rich or poor, humans are humans. When you're ultimately judged, you're judged based on your deeds on earth and not by the size of your wallets because if you are, then you might as well forget about praying and just concentrate all your efforts on making money. It is as simple as that. And it definitely shows the world how insecure the Chinese are about what goes on in their country.
But moving on. I've just finished my packing today. Well not all because I still haven't put my toothbrush in, but I can say that I'm 98% done. And whoever said that packing can be done in 5 minutes and in 1 bag certainly hasn't met me yet. Want to know how many bags I'm taking? Well... good enough to make me look like a nomad.
But anyways, its Thursday now, three days until crunch time. We'll see what happens when the day comes.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
"Don't come back being a spoilt brat k?"
see ya around!
Hahaha *thinks of his 6ft 5 blonde* haha. We'll see about it *winks* See ya!
Post a Comment