Saturday, August 2, 2008

D300 Test

Yesterday, minutes before a photoshoot, my camera died. But thankfully, I had some back up and it came in the form of Calvin Goh. After he had taken photos for the clubs, we went on to test drive his month old Nikon D300. At frst sight, the Nikon D300 may seem like a pretty intimidating camera as its layout is almost very different from the usual DSLR layout. But after having a bit of a chat with Calvin about the camera and its various buttons, it becomes a whole lot more easier to use. Plus, now I can really understand why Nikons are world famour for their ISO performace. Even at ISO 6400, there is relatively little noise. Obviously, I wouldn't be able to give you a very informed review about the camera because of the magnitude of the functionality of the camera, but that was all I was able to understand from the camera after a few hours with it. Here are some of the shots which I took.

Gear: Nikon D300
Lense: 90mm (forgot which brand)















What I was amazed most by the camera was its sharpness and its excellent dynamic range. Try zooming in on some of the macro shots if you don't believe me.

Moving on to a whole new topic, I was supposed to achieve a certain goal yesterday but due to certain circumstances and reasoning, I was unable to achieve it and now I'm beginning to wonder whether or not I even want to achieve it.

No comments: