Friday, October 31, 2008

Another Update

I had a pretty good day today. It was one of the more, "I think it's mutual" sort of days, if you know what I mean. Hey, everybody's got a right to an opinion ,and if you don't like it, that's your problem. But on the downside, I think I'm going to fall sick soon. I'm getting that "pre-fever" feeling. I just hope that it won't be too bad because next week will be an important one for me ,and I don't need another half-arsed beginning to the week. That wouldn't be very good.

But moving on, my winter plans are pretty much up in the air right now. I had plans, but they were stymied by "mathematics." Apparently, I don't have the correct mathematics and therefore, I will have to re plan my winter. It's not very pleasant, I can assure you.

I finally got my term paper checked by the writing center today. The verdict? A well written paper, but with punctuation errors. I also learned what my writing style is like. Apparently, it is a complex blend of multiple sentences, all combined into one, to form a single sentence. This of course, is a dangerous thing, because while it does sound professional, it is very easy to get the punctuations wrong, and possibly have the meaning of the sentence misinterpreted. See what I mean? By the way, my title is Americans in Afghanistan: The mistakes that are being made by the American Military and why if allowed to go on, may cause them to lose the war on terror and indirectly reinstate the resurgent Taliban regime. The best part is, I'm allowed to say anything I want, any way I please. Cool eh? Imagine if I were to be in Malaysia and explain just how Singapore can launch a military campaign and conquer Malaysia in less than half a day? I'd be sent to prison under the ISA for destabilizing the society and causing unnecessary panic.

The weather has been rather complicated this past week. The first two days of the week saw heavy winds and low temperatures. By low, I mean around 10 to 16 Celsius, depending on the time of day. But the temperature isn't the devil. It is the wind. The wind just amplifies the cold and even a short walk out of the building can be a challenge, even with sweaters and jackets. Thankfully though, the cold front has passed and the temperatures will be in the high 16's to 20's without strong winds.

Oh, I've got a new addiction: Starbucks!

I'm running out of things to say already, so I guess I'll leave it as it is for the moment and hopefully I'd be able to come up with something more genius in the near future.

No comments: