Friday, October 10, 2008

I Miss That Feeling

I'm feeling very Clarkson right now. And there's only one thing that feed my insatiable feeling. I need a lot of horsepower housed inside some of the most beautiful things in the world. In other words, I need an SLR Mclaren, all the petrol in the world and 252 miles of Autobahn to cure my itch.

I remember the days when I had something to drive around in and they were probably some of the best moments of my entire life. Cruising down the highway trying to put everyone else in my rear view mirrors, pushing just that little harder in a corner, wrestling with the car when the road is wet, shoving other drivers out of your way or just taking a slow cruise down the roads; they were all extremely therapeutic. Even the occasional finger to the idiot and trying to put the behaviour of less than optimum drivers into phrases...well, they were...educational. The whole feeling of being in the drivers seat, is simply like being the king of your own land. It's a time where you get to think and reflect on all that is going on around you. Its a time where you screw the police and you dictate your own policies. Everybody else, is just another car, another driver meant to be overtaken, sped past and have your dust put all over their faces.

But these days, I just don't seem to have that feeling anymore. I have no control over anything. Not even a bicycle or even a bloody skateboard for Clarkson's sake. And in a land where cars are cheaper than beer, that is a sin. A cardinal sin.

Now I understand why cars were invented. And for those of you who say that it was invented simply just to get from point A to point B, you need to get your heads checked.

No comments: