Saturday, October 4, 2008

Before I Sleep

Now that I have finally gotten some space to myself, I think that it is only appropriate that I put my thoughts down in a place where I have always been comfortable doing so.

For the most part, it has been difficult to say how my week went but if I had to sum it up in a sentence, I would say that I've had a rather mixed week. Some days were good, and some days just seemed like a drag. Most of the time I lacked inspiration and direction, which explains why my behaviour has been rather erratic over the past few days. It was very difficult to predict the way in which I would handle situations. Sometimes I would make good decisions but for the majority of the time, I would end up making bad ones, which has left not only myself frustrated but leaving some of my friends baffled because I either didn't say what I was supposed to or behaved in a way which would have made a difference in their lives. In short, I know that I have heavily disappointed some of the people that I really care about and I would really like to take this moment to extend a word of apology to them. But I know that on some cases, this is probably not enough.

But moving on, my experience living on my own in a foreign land, and adapting to a whole new system of education has made me reflect on much of what has been going on. One thing in general noticed about myself is that I'm too tolerant towards situations and people who tend to get in my nerves. Instead of telling them what I really think, I tend to just try to wait it out and see if it gets any better. Sometimes it does, but most of the time it doesn't and I end up getting less than I bargained for. I don't know why I have chosen to walk down this path many times, even though I have a great dislike for it. Perhaps, it really is just who I am. Someone who is willing to give up so many things just so that peace can be maintained. I know, this isn't the best way. Theodore Roosevelt once said, "If I were to choose between peace and righteousness, I would chose righteousness." What should I do?

Humans, there are many of them. Each with their own distinct personality. It is the one who is able to understand all of them, who will become the king of humanity, the bridge between gaps and the teacher towards all. However, such a spectacle exists as much as the brightest star in the night sky. There can only be so very few at once.
Therefore, be truthful to the ones who seek to engage and solve. As much as they would like to be, not everyone are good mind readers.

No comments: