Thursday, November 13, 2008

Update

It is one in the afternoon, and here I am in the atrium of the library, a glider plane looking down on me, while Rod is in the chair beside me, reading an auto magazine. My next class is at 3.30, technical report writing, and I am not looking forward to it. I really wish that I could, but such is her class that I feel that I've paid close to 3000 dollars to watch a lame comedian trying to do stand up comedy and look cool, while I learn nothing out of it. But anyways, what's done is done and all I can do is try my best and hang in for another 4 weeks. I know I can, and I know I will. Thankfully though, I have four other great lecturers and I will work hard and do my best in their classes.

But moving on, I bought a new book two days back. It's called "Comrade J". It is a true story about Sergei Tetryakov, a Soviet spy who defected on the KGB and became an informant for the United States. It also talks about how KGB spies functioned during and after the cold war, and the methods used by them to gain information on other nations. It is an interesting read. The author, Pete Earley, is a great guy as well. He came down to give a talk on his books. His speech about spies were equally exciting. He has written more books and I plan to get them soon.

But apart from that, nothing exciting has been going on recently and I've got nothing much to update on.

No comments: