Friday, June 12, 2009

Aero Test

So Mr. Lakshman Narayanaswami really did it this time. And I don't like what he did. Not one bit. So we took our second Aero test today. Before he test, this dude here told us on a few parts to concentrate on as he plans to ask us those during the test. So a bunch of us got together on the day before the test, and studied our arses off from 2pm all the way up to 12 something in the morning. While for some of them, it was pretty much last minute cramming, but it wasn't so for me because I had started building up for the test for about a week or so. So naturally I was more of the "go to" guy for those who needed help on the concepts and anything else. So yeah, we got together, and studied.

So came the next day, we walked into LB 269 to sit for the test. This is how my story went. I got the test paper, and read the first question. The first one was easy, so I nailed it. I read the second part of the first one, wrote half an equation, and skipped it. I looked at the second question, and skipped it. I read the third one, I started to get annoyed. I looked at the fourth one, and started cursing. I looked at the fifth one, and well, this wasn't too bad, so I nailed that one. My tally after going through the paper for the first round? One and a half completed questions out of five. Amazing right? I looked over at Sulaiman, and he looked like he was in trouble too. Ramon who was on my right, wasn't looking too happy. So I went back to the questions and looked at them. After thinking, I decided to do what I do best when I don't know something. I bullshitted. I gathered whatever concept I knew about whatever topic he was asking, and just stuffed them all over the paper. I was ruthless. While doing so, I managed to completely complete 2 or 3 questions. But even then, I wasn't sure. All throughout the test, I was repeatedly cursing. In fact I said it loud enough for Ramon to chuckle, and I'm sure loud enough for the lecturer to hear. I wanted to make my feelings loud and clear.

So after the test, the usual "mini conference" happened, and not one person expressed satisfaction. All of them had their own words to add to it. That dude, decided to give us the most irrelevant exam paper that I've ever sat for. It was completely off. Very little of what he asked us to study actually came out on the test.

Personally, I got over it pretty quickly. Yes, I was disappointed, but I really saw no point in staying that way. Whatever happened, happened. I can't change it. But I really felt sorry for those who needed that second test to pull their grades up. They looked really dejected. I felt bad, and I felt responsible for it. I felt that way because, it was me who was teaching them the day before, and somehow whatever I went over with them just wasn't enough. I felt really stupid for missing, although unintentionally, the parts that were in the test. I know they are not going to blame me, but I just hate doing a bad job.

Oh well. Time to move on. I just hope that its not over for me or for anyone.

No comments: