Monday, July 7, 2008

Back in Blank

Sugar often attracts ants while salt...I don't know what they attract but they seem to be useful for some things in life. While one tastes sweet, the other is sour. Too much of sugar gives you diabetes while too much of salt gives you high blood pressure. Too little of either one is just as dangerous.

Moderation is the key. But, it is never enough. We always want plenty of something nice and little of things we don't consider to be desirable. But when there is no perfect measure, how do we know what is enough or when to stop?

We don't really have a choice do we? If only we had a measure for everything, life would be so much more simpler.

At the end of the day, like it or not, the reality is that we are all humans. Nothing more, nothing less. And as humans, experience is our best teacher and experience can only be gained if we do something. Sitting around and fantasizing won't make you any smarter or better.

I know its not easy, sometimes we come back with mush less than we left home with. And that is why we need to keep learning and trying and to not be too hard on ourselves everytime we fall. That's how life is.

And we have to remember, "I am mine." Have that attitude and there will be no more strings attached.


p.s. I drank my first sake!!

No comments: