What happens when the only time you step foot out of these four walls is to do a trip reserved for soccer moms? The answer is, you would come to a state where you're swinging between insanity and behaving like a mindless robot that has been programmed to alternate between two places which are alike in many ways. You forget things easily, you're not as sharp as you'd normally be and you'd start to feel a little funny. Now I think I'm starting to understand why some retired people wish that they could just continue working and not have to stay at home.
But thankfully, this will all end pretty soon because, we'd be going on a small road trip tomorrow. Yes, you read correctly. A bunch of friends and I will b going on a small road trip tomorrow. We're going to the historic city of Malacca. If Chris feels fit as a fiddle tomorrow, our group would have five people. But if he doesn't then we'd only go on with four people. A far cry from the original thirteen or fourteen but hey, I'm sure we'll have fun.
Moving on, the barbecue of the year is going to be held this Saturday at the home of the best Malaysian in the world. I really am looking forward to this annual barbecue session that most of us look forward to. I think its the fifth year in a row that Chai has hosted a barbecue and each one has been more exciting than the previous and they are never short of incidents when alcohol made someone do something silly. The best obviously was Shaun trying to prove that he was sober when he was actually completely intoxicated. We'll just have to wait and see what happens this weekend. But I sincerely do hope that nothing untoward would happen and that we can all have some good fun. But then again, when you consider that his dad buys beers by the carton, well... I'm not predict anything.
But anyways, its almost at the end of the day now and I really believe that I should put in some good hours of sleep. Its not that I've not been getting any but I've been sleeping and getting up at rather odd hours lately. For example, I've been consistently waking up around 9 in the morning and I don't think its very healthy.
But then again, when you're talking to people, all of that health reasons suddenly become secondary, like right now.
Anyways, its crash time. Good night.
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment