Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I Woke Up

Yes, if it is any news to you, I broke a record. I woke up at 11 in the morning feeling fresh. And to be honest, I really can't remember the lst time I did something like that. In fact, it was so long ago when I still had Sahara dust stuck up my nose and bits and pieces of the Nile still lodged in between my hair. Yes, it was that long ago. But anyways, I woke up and walked into my mother's room to look at the clock. I looked at it and its hands were at the 11 o'clock position. Slightly dazed, my first conclusion was that the clock was spoilt and that my biological clock was still intact and to confirm my theory, I checked my handphone. But much to my dismay, the time showed 11.26 (I set my clock to be about 21 minutes faster."Now that's wierd," I thought to myself. I swore that I had heard the sound of bells shortly before I woke up and that meant that it should be about 8 in the morning.

But anyhow, I walked downstairs and picked up the papers and as I did my maid asked me, "What is wrong with you? It's already 11 in the morning." Right then...

But like most Malaysians today, I excitedly opened the newspaper to read up on our latest "Fuel Duel" In case you didn't know, this happened last night. And I must say that it was very interesting. Very interesting to see how Malaysians had voted at their own will, monkeys with no brains into office. But the whole debate was a good step forward in undoing the limted democracy that we have here in Malaysia.

After reading about it, I turned on the computer to check my emails and to play Battle of the Bands. Then, something unusual happened. My phone started to ring. And the ID said that the AUP Office was calling. Immediately, I figured that they wanted to give me a whole new lecture about withdrawing from the college. Something which I must do but haven't yet. But anyways, I picked up and the voice at the other end of the telephone informed me that I had been invited for some sort of scholarship presentation. Wait, hang on a moment. A SHOLARSHIP PRESENTATION? What was that supposed to mean? I'm not taking any classes this semester, I've not made it into any of the dean's/ president's list... What were they talking about? I think that its all a big mistake. They must have mistaken me for someone else. But anyways, I'm supposed to go and see a certain Mrs Lee to collect my invitation. Maybe then someone can explain to me what this is all about.

Oh yeah, I watched an entire episode of Top Gear today. The episode where a Nissan Skline driven by Clarkson takes on a Bullet Train with Hammond and May in. Simply amazing.

No comments: