Wood hall. This is where I live. My dorm is the one on the third floor, fifth window from the left. (First floor is the ground floor)
Mustangs. They seem to be everywhere.
Freeway
Walking under an underpass
Home of the Daytona 500.
I wonder how this would look like at night.
The place where I live.
Now I know where to go for dinner. Corvettes are a bones.
The 7-Eleven's here sell gasoline.
Thank god!
So far, life has been like a bowl of mixed vegetables. The corns rock, while the green peas just suck big time. Honestly. Things here are just very expensive. The books are priced at prices I don't even dare speak of and everyday stationary which cost very little over at Malaysia costs a premium here. I don't know about the rest, but most Malaysian students over here whom I've spoken to have nothing but bad words about it. Some of us really don't know how we're going to pay for them. Our parents may have given us the green light to buy those books but inside, I feel terrible. Most of us do. And I really can't think of any reason as to why they are priced in such a way. For example a book back home might cost RM50 whereas here the same book would set you back by 50USD. I really don't see the logic. Even second hand books are costly. Plus if you think that the lack of organization and inefficiencies are bad in Malaysia, here's even worse.
The moral? Be a millionaire. At least when it comes to money, you don't have to worry.
But apart from that, everything is ok. Classes are exciting and the lecturers are awesome.




4 comments:
a textbook here doesn't cost RM50 my friend.... maybe a secondary school textbook. hahaha. but yea, it's bout 100bucks or more, looking at it, i'm not sure if i'm willing to cough out the money too.. I feel the way you feel too bout how parents are willing to give the green light for you to buy books, and yes, inside.. I feel really bad. hahaha. I guess indeed this is a really new chapter for the both of us huh? =)
Haha.. I was speaking based on a hypothetical situation but of course, the prices are often double that and even more. ButI guess its another example of how parents often sacrifice to make sure we have the best. Yeah. Both of us, we're on a new chapter, a whole new journey. I hope we make it through in on piece ;)
hey, sorry for saying hi this late. hope ur enjoying there.
so are u enjoying there or is it as grim as ur blog post?
do many ppl get the books there? actually, u can buy international editions back in malaysia and ship it via courier there. cheaper.
Hey dude. Nah, its not grim...far from it actually. Its quite fun and peaceful around here. Not to metion the melodic chuggging of an airplane all the time ahha. Butwhere books are concrned, I wanted to to that but I realized that I cant because the lecturers often need them ASAP so, yeah.. I 've got no choice but to get em here.
Post a Comment