Another thirteen more minutes, and the holidays will be officially over...Son of a...
But hey, at least we got rock and roll and the alcohol covered. The only thing that's left is the sex and drugs. Other than that, I'm all set to go =P
Bahamas was an amazing experience. We set sail on Thursday afternoon at 4pm, and got back on Sunday at around 6 in the morning. The best parts of the trip would definitely have to be the amazing waves on the beach, the main island itself as it reminded me about Malaysia in many different ways, the free flow of food, the comedy shows, the alcohol, some of the crew whom I spoke Malay with, and definitely the clubbing. For the first time ever, I actually liked the club we were in. Why? Because they played rock music, and they even had a live band which did Sweet Child O' Mine!! We spent hours on the dance floor, mosh pitting and screaming our lungs out to the rock songs and pulling some "moves" when they had those rap music on. Plus, I even had a moment which I swear to god, I will never do again. A bunch of friends and I danced on stage! Yes, you read correct. And something really funny happened after that. You want to know? Ask me whenever you see me. I just can't find a way to tell it without swearing my arse off! Hint: *Hey you four mutherfuckers get back on stage now, we'll let the crowd decide who wins!* I died-ed after that. \m/
The capital of Bahamas looks very much like how some parts of Malaysia would. They had villages which were very much like the ones we see back home on the outskirts of the cities, they drove on the left hand side of the road, and even the air and the atmosphere felt like Malaysia. The waves too were awesome. I remember being pulled, pushed, dragged, submerged, and everything else by the waves. At one point this wave which was probably twice my height slammed me, dragged me to the bottom and pushed me a couple of car lengths back to the beach. I thought I was going to die right there. Imagine looking up to a towering wave, which has already reached its critical point, just breaking down and crashing on you. The instant it happened, I got pulled right below the wave, and was completely submerged in it for a few seconds. All I could see was water, and before I knew it, I was already on the beach, facing the next wave that was coming our way. For a while I kind of stayed away, but as soon as the initial shock was over, I went right back in and took on some bigger waves. I remember some of my friends, especially he smaller sized ones, who found it hard to get even a couple of paces into the sea. And even when they did, they got pushed right back out. It was awesome! The trick is to swim toward the waves, and to jump along with them. Try running or swimming away, and it will slam down on you, and you might get hurt.
The bad parts of the trip was me falling seasick twice, and the trip having more sail time instead of land time. But apart from that it was a great trip.
But now that Spring Break is over, it's back to school for me. Back to reality...
Monday, March 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment