So this is what it feels to be back in Daytona. Nothing special in particular. In fact, as we were driving by campus, all that went through my mind was "Business as usual." In fact, right now, I feel like I've been here forever, and I'm just waiting for the next day. Don't ask me why though. I still can't explain it. But whatever it is, I know that it's a good thing.
Oh, I very nearly became an illegal immigrant today. I misplaced my passport. And I didn't just misplace it anywhere. I left it on the shuttle that transported me from Orlando to Daytona. Genius right? I went searching like hell, retracing my steps a couple of times but, for hours, I still couldn't find it. Thankfully the shuttle company called me up and said that they had found my pouch. I went to their office, collected it, and gave them a tip. That definitely saved me hundreds of dollars, time, a truck load of trouble, and a definite trip down to New York to get everything in order.
Flying here was not too bad really. Though I did sleep for most of the two flights, I actually had fun on the first two flights. Korean air really surpassed my expectations. The food was good, the seats are comfortable, and the crew were very friendly and professional. Oh, and I think that I'm tall enough to date their stewardess. Seriously. =P Immigration was a bitch though. There were at least 100 students lined up at Dallas airport, but only 2 counters were open. It took me more than an hour after deplaning to collect my baggage and check them into my American Airlines flight. Oh, and that flight was rubbish too. About 15 minutes after boarding the plane, the pilot asked us to deplane because there was a problem with the right landing gear. We had to deplane, take a train and go all the way to a different gate to board our flight. At that moment, I was completely tired, so the whole episode naturally annoyed me. All I wanted to do at that time was to just get back to Daytona, take a shower and crash. Daytona at that moment in time, felt like heaven. And the moment that plane took-off, and started climbing to cruising altitude, I thought that we were going to crash. The whole cabin was shaking and vibrating. I've flown on MD-80's a few times before, but never have I seen such shaking!
But anyways, here I am, just chilling out, wondering what to do next. I went shopping with my room mate and his friend this morning. And now, though it is only 6.45 in the evening, all I want to do is sleep. No, I'm not jet lagged. I'm just bored.
Tomorrow though, will be a different story =D
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment