If this is what peace feels like, then I'm ready to accept heaven for what it's worth. Maybe even hell, not that I could care less. But a place to sleep at night would be nice. It's all I want. It's all I will ever need. But through it all, I've been branded a liar simply because I've shown a lack of favorable expression towards what others would consider a need.
Maybe this is where stars are born. Dissidents of their time. Rebels with a cause. A need for an ear. Just one pair. A voice for an alternative generation. A generation nonetheless.
Where's mine?
Maybe it lies at the bottom of a pizza box.
Maybe that's where I should look.
Or maybe I should just sleep.
Dad, why are they fighting?
It's when communications between men breakdown.
But can't they fix it?
Men will be men. Animals as they are. Life as it should and as it is.
Just sleep.
Friday, August 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment