A couple of minutes ago, I was having a friendly argument with Yee Leong over who is wrong. The party who started the war or the part who responded to the aggressor and continued the war? Obviously, since he took to the defense of the aggressors, naturally, I took the to the defense of the party who responded to the attack. But before I continue, this argument is not just limited to war scenarios but also to everyday scenarios in which we often hear the phrase, "But mommy. he started it first!"
Yee Leong stated that by virtue of pulling the trigger, the other person is in the wrong. Because he started it. And it is simple as that. No problem with that. But just for arguements sake I asked him what about the people who continue it? Doesn't true wisdom come from having the ability to have discretion? In other words, isn't the person who continued the fight the one to be blamed for the prolongation of the fight? Afterall it does take two hands to clap. One hand alone will never produce any sound. Well, these are the two extremes.
But, from a spectators point of view, it all depends on the situation. Will continuing a fight stop the fight or will it only land in a stalemate? So, In my opinion, the person who started the fight isn't always in the one who is most wrong.
Friday, September 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment