Sunday, February 24, 2008

To Be Honest,

I just got back from work, and I can safely say that I am extremely tired and I am extremely hungry. But looking back on my working experience, I find myself having so much to say about what it has been like working at a place where the demand for its products are way beyond even the most wildest predictions of any businessperson. And having known and visited Subang Parade for the past 20 years of my life, I can soundly conclude that no other tenant in the vicinity receives the huge amount of business that Big Apple does. Except maybe its anchor tenant, Parkson. For the owners, its a dream come true. But for the employees, its a living nightmare. I do not wish to exaggerate or anything but I do believe that I can't get any more wrong with my description. Personally, I do not mind offering my services to customers. In fact, I feel that it is an honor to be able to make someone's day a little easy on them. But when you factor in 6 hours of non stop walking under relatively harsh conditions, hours upon hours of repetitious work, colleagues who are just like the waves in the ocean and having to deal with customers who are annoying at best, you do start to doubt your willingness to continue. And personally, I am already doubting mine. But the only reason that I am continuing to work this job is because I really need to raise some money for my Grand Prix dreams which thankfully is just around the corner. After that, I do not see any reason to go on like this. Furthermore, as I go into March, I find myself having more and more reasons to stay away from work and abandon it for good. I have photographic assignments, examinations to deal with, jamming and the all important music fest to organize. But will I find myself doing that? I honestly don't know. But all I know is, one month from the start of my new job, I want to call it quits.

No comments: