What a day! I just returned from my diving trip with the diving club. While the rest were all certified divers, I was the only greenhorn there. So I had to make do with snorkelling instead. Something which I have done many times before. But this snorkelling trip was much different from the ones I've experienced before. Before this, I've only snorkelled in the sea. But today, I did it in a spring. It is something like a lake, but not exactly a lake (Don't ask me. That was what I was told). It is called Blue Springs by the way. Its part of the National Park.
The water in the springs were very, very cold. It was about 22 degrees celcius. And I am not a big fan of cold water. The moment I stepped into the water, I felt this huge jolt of coldness running from my legs all the way to my head. I initially thought of just walking out from the water, but with so many people looking on, I didn't want to look like a chicken. So, I took a few steps, stared at my friends who were already in there(Most of them were in their diving suits, I only had my surf pants on), took a deep breath and jumped in. And it felt terrible! The water was just so very cold. I tried swimming towards my friends but the flippers I had on, and which I was not very used to made life more difficult. Carey, our acting president said that if I swam around a little more, I wouldn't feel as cold. But that didn't prove to be the case. The more I stayed in the water, the more cold I became. I was shivering down there.
But after an hour, I think (Though Casey said it was two), I decided that I couldn't take the cold anymore, I swam out and went to get some food. Oh and did I mention, there was a signboard that read, "Beware of Alligators." And later while I was walking along the boardwalk with this dude from Brunei, we saw an alligator swimming around. Serious. Imagine swimming in the same spring with alligators. But according to the people there, an attack was out of the question because apparently there was some device, a fence I suppose, to keep them out. Stim!
Now, didn't I have some calculus homework which I was supposed to do?
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment