My day started a little late today, not because I wanted it to start late but because I woke up late. The previous day, I had planned to get up at about 8.00 in the morning so I would have time to get ready and grab some breakfast before I went for my statics class which starts at 9.15. But since it started at 9.15 and I was already quite accustomed to getting up at about 7 without an alarm clock, I chose not to set my clock. I chose to rely on Callum instead. I knew that he had a class at 8.00 and would most probably make a bit of a din on the way out. So I assumed that all that noise would be good enough to wake me up. But to cut a long story short, it didn't and by the time I had gotten up, my hand phone showed that the time was now 9.11 pm (All my clocks are set to Malaysian time, which means that the time was now 9.11 am.). I, in a half dazed state, started panicking. I thought that there was no way that I would ever make it to class in 4 minutes. The walk from my dorm to the Lindbergh center alone took 15 minutes. I thought of "borrowing" my roommates bike, but I decided against it. I didn't know how to use his lock and didn't want to spend time figuring i out. Then as soon as I was about to decide to skip class altogether, I realized that my clock was set at about 20 minutes faster. I quickly jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom. And on the way in, I forgot to bring in my shampoo and shower gel so I had to make do without both. I showered, got dressed and prepared to leave all in under 10 minutes. I usually take 20. It is the bath that holds me. For whatever reason, I enjoy long baths. Don't ask why. Anyways, I had about 14 minutes left to get to class and I quickly sped out of my dorm and hurriedly walked all the way to Lindbergh. I made the journey in about 11 minutes. But when I got there, I was greeted by a half empty classroom. And after I took my seat, I took a look at the clock hanging from the wall and it showed that the time was only 9.10. Just in time. Imagine what would have happened if I decided to skip class?
Then, after class I went to have breakfast. After eating breakfast, I walked out of the cafe and went towards the door that led to my room. In order to open the door, you had to swipe your Eagle card. But when I opened my wallet, it wasn't there. I couldn't find it. I rummaged through my wallet and pockets but I still couldn't find it. Thinking that I must have dropped it in the cafe, I went back down and asked the cashier if she had seen my card. She said no but she asked me to look around o see if I had dropped it. I traced my steps but there was no sign of it. After doing some searching, I gave up and walked towards my room. I thought that I would put my stuff and then go to Canaveral Hall and make a missing card report. And on the way I couldn't help but imagine that someone had found it and was now using all my Riddle Bucks to buy meals or do their laundry. I kept thinking of the possible fine they may charge for loosing the card. I didn't know how much but I was sure that it was going to be big. But the worst part was that even if they made me a new one, it was going to take time and I wondered how in the mean time am I going to get my meals or collect my package without my Eagle Card?
When I got to my room, I decided to check my wallet again. This time I emptied it. And while looking in one of the hidden pockets, I found it in there...
After that episode, I decided that I was going to study World Politics. But after only a few pages, which was dreary due to the abstractness, I gave up and decided to post this instead.
p.s. I still haven't collected my cake...
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment