I wrote something to someone today and after writing it, I kept thinking about it. And while thinking about it, I came up with a conclusion. Life is like a mathematical equation with multiple variables and unknowns. This equation will give you an answer no matter what number you insert into the unknowns. But only with the right numbers, will you get an accurate answer.
Today was a good day, I finally met up with all my Malaysian seniors at the Malaysian Student Association meeting and we had some really good fun eating out at some Thai restaurant called Siam Spice. The food was good, but the price was even more excellent. The meal which I ordered, Cashew nut rice, cost me about $ 16.00. But somehow, I didn't really mind the price because, to be honest with you, I'm getting bored of American food. Its the same thing over and over again. But now, when I start to think about it, paying RM 56.00 for something that cost no more than RM 10.00, was rather silly. Welcome to America folks!
Oh, and do you want to know what my ride was for that night? A BMW 3-series, owned by a Malaysian student. Want to know how much he bought it for? $7000.00. About RM25000.00. It's cheaper than a Kancil! Cars here are dirt cheap. A bunch of French dudes bought a second hand Dodge Neon for $2500.00. Tax and insurance included. Suddenly, I'm starting to have ideas. Mom, Dad, I want a car =)
But moving on, I got appointed to my first post today. I'm the activities coordinator for the MSA. So far, I've got a few events in mind. We're planning a trip to the Jacksonville Air Show, a trip to the Kennedy Space Center and probably a beach side BBQ. We'll see how those go.
Tomorrow, we're going on a diving trip. I can't dive because I don't have my certification but I'm currently exploring the possibility of getting one. Then, on Sunday, we're going to help restore one of the Piper Cubs which got damaged.
Life is starting to get a whole lot cooler here. I think I'm starting to like it even more.




No comments:
Post a Comment