24th of December 2008, sitting on top of my bed, staring into the laptop, with a mind active as a nomad, present in as many places possible, and with Staind in the background, I find it hard not to stop thinking.
I just returned from Scottsdale a couple of hours ago. Finally, signs of proper life, a proper civilization. The cars alone were insane. In a space of a couple of hours, I saw few Ferrari's, a couple of Brabuses, SL 55, SL 65, CLS 55, Corvettes, Vipers, a convertible Rolls-Royce, a Lamborghini Gallardo and a fleet of other mental cars. Finally, a good mall. Something worthy of mention. Something to rival, the heavenly malls of Malaysia. It was packed with shoppers of all shapes and sizes, sex, creed, nationality and everything else that describes distinctions between humans. Everyone was taking their wallets out, exchanging their paper, and swiping their rectangular plastic contraptions for a smile. A smile that they know they will get when dawn breaks and the wrapping papers are torn open, excitedly. Well, maybe not from all, but from the grateful ones at least. The food was good. I've been getting that a whole lot these days. I'm grateful for that. I know it won't last long. Two weeks more, and it's back to Florida. Back to face another arduous semester. But this time, it will be different. Better. This I know for sure.
Days later, I'm still wondering. Where did the math go wrong?
I still take it as it is. No deviations.
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment