Sunday, December 28, 2008

Thief

I was at the mall today with my uncle, aunt, and two cousins. So while my aunt took John to buy a pair of shoes, and while my uncle went to look at some perfumes, I was left to the task of looking after Joseph. So as usual, we were our lively selves, playing and messing around with each other in the middle of a busy mall. Then while messing around, he wanted to play police and thief. He asked me to grab his toy from him, which I duly did and after which he started making siren sounds and called me a thief. Then as he was doing that, a group of people passed by and he held his hand out and pointed to them, saying "Thief! Thief!" Alarmed, I quickly pushed his hand down and smiled at the bunch of people. Then, a group of big sized African Americans in hip-hop clothing, passed by and he held his hand out, pointed to them and started shouting "Thief! Thief!" This time I got scared because the whole group stopped walking and started staring at Joseph and myself. I quickly pushed his hands down and said "Hey! Hey! Don't say that!" But those African guys kept looking at us while walking off. Their "popped out" eyes were really intimidating. But thankfully they just walked off after that.

Then when his dad come, I told him what happened, while laughing. But instead of seeing the funny side of it, my uncle scolded Joseph. He then told my aunt, and my aunt scolded him for it. And all the while I was still laughing. I felt bad but I really couldn't help it. My uncle was like "Good thing they didn't bash you up." And knowing America where a man got shot in front of his kid because he and his family were making noise in a cinema, there was some substance to it.

No comments: