Saturday, December 13, 2008

In Phoenix

So, after what seemed like endless, torturous flights, I've finally arrived in Phoenix. I came in yesterday actually, but I've only gotten the chance to blog about it now.

First off, I'm really glad that I landed in Phoenix. I finally got to see my uncle, aunt and my two cousins after four long months, and I miss them dearly. To put it in plain terms, they have done so much for me and I really appreciate having them around.

The flights were horrendous. Both were in MD-80's and for information, those are really small jets. The first flight, which was from Orlando to Chicago, was completely packed. I was seated by the window, tow seats from the isle and since I had one extra baggage, I had to place it under the seat in front of me, which restricted my leg room. But on that flight I met a great elderly couple from Chicago, and it was a pleasure talking to them.

The O'Hare airport certainly lived up to all its hype. Whatever you heard about it, being the most busiest and mental, it is all true. That place is just bustling and when we were coming in for our landing, I could see a plane coming in for an approach right beside us and when we were flying out, I could see a whole line of planes waiting to land. It was just spectacular.

The second flight was somewhat better because I had three seats to myself. I got to stretch my legs out, and that helped ease the torture of flying. And In case you didn't know, I'm the Aerospace engineer wannabe who completely hates flying, unless I'm doing the flying. It really is that bad, and boring. And if I ever became leader of the world, I'm going to ban all passenger planes smaller than a Boeing 777, and any airline which doesn't offer enough legroom!

Oh, and the time difference from me to you guys is now 15 hours. So, if you want to talk to me, just remember that I'm 15 hours before.

Ok, I'm getting pretty sleepy now. I'll update more when I get the chance.

No comments: