So here I am, back in Florida, where I will spend the next four to five months trying to have as much fun as I can, while doing what I came here to do.
The return trip, was not fun in any sense. First, there was the flying. I dislike flying, unless, I'm the pilot. Second, I got charged 50 dollars because one of my bags was 9 pounds over the limit. I managed to bring it down to 5, but they still charged me 50 dollars, on top of the 17 dollars needed to check my bag in.
I flew back with US Airways. Though they had a great, comfortable plane and a slightly larger legroom, I wasn't too impressed with their service. They had a great crew, but it was their operational capability that got me thinking. First of all, I nearly lost my seat because they had sold more tickets than there were available seats on the aircraft. Second, they charged me 2 dollars for a bottle of water, something which was free aboard the American and Delta flights which I took. It's not that it is a huge sum or that I'm going to go crazy about it, but after paying so much for a ticket, the least they could do was to offer a complementary beverage to the passengers. It may loose them a bit of money, but at the end of the day, one has to look at the marketing side of things. If a customer isn't happy about certain things, they are less than likely to want to use that service again. And when that happens, you loose business, and profits will hurt as a result. At least, that's how I look at it.
But thankfully, I got back, safe and sound, and I'm not ready to start again. I'm some ways I'm not to keen on the semester, but when I think about the possibility of playing with a "large arse" telescope, peering into the heavens and looking at some of the most amazing stars, constellations and planets, I feel motivated.
I want to have a great semester.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment