Since I got here, I've had some rather frequent music swings. I've had urges to listen to all sorts of music. All the way from blues, to heavy metal, and most notably over the past few weeks, classic rock. And recently, as in about two days ago, I've had this suuden urge to want to listen to modern pop-punk and pop goth bands like Paramore, Fireflight and whatever it is that fits that particular genre. I don't know why but, I find their lyrics and their heavy yet melodic guitar playing to be extremely uplifting, and sometimes working like some sort of hallucinogen that I can just lose myself in, and let my mind run wild. And it's during times like these that I feel like picking a guitar up and visualizing myself on a stage rocking out to a bunch of compliant and mosh pit thirsty audience.
Damn, I feel like I'm 14 all over again.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment