Friday, May 22, 2009
Back
I think is about time I wrote something down here before I completely forget about this space. Over the past couple of days I've been pretty busy doing my own things. I attended my good friends wedding last Saturday which was amazing! It was an adventure in its own right. I've been busy with exam preparations and teaching friends, and all through it, I've managed to completely finish reading Slash's autobiography, and now I'm reading Marilyn Manson's autobiography. I thoroughly enjoyed Slash's life story. Personally, it's among the best books that I've ever read. I'm not saying it because Slash is a fucking god, but I'm saying this because the book is put in such an organized and thoughtful manner, that it just brought me to imagine myself living through LA from the 70's right through to the present day. Every line made me feel as if I was a third party, witnessing the pivotal moments in Slash's life. I could feel the drugs, the music, the sights and sounds, the frustrations and success. I felt like I was talking to him. The only two other autobiographies that came close to achieving the quality of this book are the ones by Eddie Jordan and Jackie Stewart. Both gripping tales about life at the pinnacle of motor sport. But sadly, I can't seem to say the same about Manson's work. Perhaps it must be me falling sick, but, I found his book to be not only extremely disturbing, but also a tad bit disorganized. It kept jumping all over the place, and it was hard for me to chronologically follow what was happening. And I thought that it progressed a little to fast. But I do look forward to completing it because in some ways, I find his alternative views to be rather interesting. We'll see what happens in the end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment