I finally got to see the Kimster on the podium this year. Third ain't the best place in the world, but with only 3 points after 5 races, 3 retirements, and a slow as hell car, 3rd on the streets of Monaco, and fastest time during Q2, ain't such a bad achievement. But you know what the weird part was? Before the qualifying, I had a dream that he would start from second spot on the grid. True enough, when I woke up the next day, he was second in qualifying. The last time I dreamt of a Formula 1 finish was in 2000 when Coulthard won the Monaco GP with Mclaren, the year when Ferrari dominated the entire sport.
Last night was pretty good though. Sulaiman Naqbi invited me over for a real good Middle Eastern dinner. He cooked, and prepared everything. The way the food was eaten was that, he first put this plastic sheet on top of the carpet, topped it with a large piece of aluminum foil, put the rice over it, and then put the chicken over the rice. Then, his housemate, Fadhil, and I would sit on the floor, and we would all eat from the same aluminum foil. I asked him about the tradition, and he said that in the Middle East, things were done on an even bigger scale. What would happen is that, they would have this huge plate, and they would have sometimes more than 20 people eating from it! I thought it was really cool. And while eating dinner, we spoke mainly about Islam and the traditions in the Middle East. I found that topic to be very interesting because, being a knowledgeable person, and a person of reason, Sulaiman was able to explain at length about Islam and why certain practices are done the way they are. By the way, the food, though only 3 of us were there, were good enough for at least 6 people. I'm serious! It's like 6 mountains of rice and chicken all packed into one. But Sulaiman and Fadhil devoured it without any problems. I was the only "sesat" one there. And apparently, he said that, licking your fingers right after a meal *since we ate with our hands* is a good way to get bigger!
Then we were watching the news, well, because it's been pretty bad in Daytona for the last couple of days. It's been raining nonstop, and some areas are flooded, and people are being evacuated. It got better today, and I hope it stays that way.
Oh, I have five bottles of Jack Daniels cola left in my fridge. I just had one while watching Harold and Kumar with my roommate! =)
Monday, May 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment