Monday, May 4, 2009
Spending Days
I've been spending my days watching Lost, playing Flight Simulator and IL-2 (some WW2 fighter game) with some of the pilot guys at the College of Aviation Lab. It's pretty fun actually. Of course, not being a pilot is a huge disadvantage to me. It makes dog fighting with them challenging. In fact, most of the wreckage you see, belongs to me, and it's not because I got shot down. In fact, I crashed many times while trying to take off =/ But when I was up in the air, it was pretty fun. I pulled of some rather hard banks, which caused me to stall so many times. I remember dog fighting with Evin, and as I was chasing him, I banked so hard to the right that my Mustang stalled and went into a huge spin, eventually crashing to the ground. I learned how to come out of a stall though. Turn the propellers off, point downwards, pickup some airspeed, turn the engines on, then pull back up. Easy! haha And since my flying skills aren't as good as them, what I'd try to do is to lure these guys to my home base, where my AA guns would take chunks out of them. Of course, it did hit them, but was barely enough to bring them down. In my last battle with Kenneth, I was going head on with him in my home base. My AA guns were pounding him, and I was pounding him with my own machine guns. But him being in an ME-109, he had an advantage. A rocket pod mounted at the center housing that holds his propeller. He fired, and the next thing I knew, I was going down. Disappointing, but pretty fun I would say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment