Wednesday, July 1, 2009

One Week Report

According to whoever it is that gives out the instructions, today is supposed to be my first day out of the house. But fortunately, those instructions didn't come to me very well, and I decided that it made no sense. So instead of today being the first, it's already the 6th or 7th. You help me do the math.

But anyways, it's been one week! Well, yesterday anyways. So what have I been doing? Well, to be honest, not much. Not much if yuo put it onto percentages, but definitely some, if you consider the hours allocated for sleeping, eating and all that bull.

On Thursday, my first day back, I quarantined myself for half a day. I did try to be sensible about it, but after a couple of hours, I decided that being quarantined just wasn't my cup of tea. So I called some friends and we went for some drinks at Maju Maju. It's a mamak stall somehere in USJ something. 3 people infected, and counting.

On Friday... Hmm.. What did I do on Friday?? You see, this is the problem with blogging so long after doing something. You just can't remember. But anyways, I know I did something on Friday, and whatever it was, I'm going to believe that it was good and that I infected a few more with that swine of a flu. No, wait a minute. Now I remember what I did on Friday =) I went to visit Jon and Kush at their booth in KLCC. It was a nice booth, with some of the most expensive and excellent guitars that I've ever tried. And the best part is, they were all made in Malaysia! My experience on the way back was a complete different story though. I was greeted with the "KTM way" in all its glory. After buying my ticket to Subang, I got down to the platform to wait for the train. As usual, I was greeted by a huge croud of people, all waiting to get back. Knowing that the train will come sooner or later, I decided to wait. Not that I had a choice anyways. Then while waiting, I received the best message in the world. Some announcer came o the intercom and said that there had been a technical problem and that train services would be disrupted, and that all trains would be delayed. When will these people ever learn? Then, a few minutes later, she announced that the train heading towards Subang would be arriving shortly. I was glad. But when it did, I became un-glad. Number one, the train was packed. Number two, the moment the train came, everyone started rushing towards it and started to block the entrance to the coaches. They were so inconsiderate in their behaviour that they even passengers who wanted to disembark the train could not do so without having to shove their way through. Now, at that point I got annoyed. When the disembarking passengers got out, the ones who wanted to embark found it difficult to do so because the ones inside them were too daft to realize that there were some space left behind them, and that they could move so that others could get in. Some of us had to resort to knocking on the windows and signalling these idiots to move in so that others an get in. Then as the train became genuinely packed, people were still trying to get in, with great disregard to their own personal safety. It went on until a security personnel had to tell them to get behind the yellow line so that the train could leave. I couldn't get in though. So I looked around, and guess hwo did I find standing behind me?? Rachel and Adam! Haha.. Who would have thought.

On Saturday, I don't remember what I did.

On Sunday, I had a rather uneventful day, but I ended up going to watch a movie at night. And that was that.

Monday was a great day. I met Vienna in the morning, and went on to listen to some of her rather cool travel stories in Poland. After that, in the evening, Shaun, Jon, Leong, David and myself went out to Asia Cafe to celebrate Ping Fuan's birthday. As usual, that was pretty cool. Yee Leong provided the entertainment, while the rest of us provided the commentary =P

On Tuesday, I met up with some of my old mates from college. That was fun too. It was fun catching up with them and listening to stories.

So that was what I've been up to for the past week. Nothing much, but still loads of fun.

Oh, and before I end, Happy Birthday Rachel!

No comments: