Girl: So where are you from?
Me: Umm.. I'm from Malaysia.
Girl: *Gasps* But you don't look like the Chinese people.
Me: *After a slight pause for contemplation* Err...Malaysia isn't a Chinese country?
I went to St. Augustine today.It's about an hour and 15 minutes north of Daytona. It was a really amazing trips. It is the oldest city in the United States, which was ruled by at least four different flags, and has been a target for pirates during the days. Going there was like walking into a time capsule because the buildings and the streets looked like the old days. In some parts, the stone streets we walked on were hundreds of years old, sunk and uneven from the wear and tear of time.
The best parts were definitely watching a demonstration of how soldiers in the past would assemble in formation and fire their muskets. The food was pretty good too. We had some Greek food, in a restaurant called Athena, and our Greek friend, George Angelidis, kept explaining the Greek culture to us throughout the trip, since St. Augustine has some Greek history to it.
Overall it was a good trip. I didn't take many pictures, but I'll try the post the ones I have when the time permits.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment