Friday, February 6, 2009

Keep Em' Rollin!

The good thing about Thursday evenings is that there's always a free movie. I had been doing some studying for a good part of the day today, and at around 7, I decided that I needed to take a break to grab some dinner, and then get back to doing more work. But as soon as I had sat down to eat, I saw Jackson grabbing his dinner, and so he sat with me and we had dinner. Although I have been here for months, I have never had dinner at the student center. Never felt like it. But today was different because I had loads of studying to do and I didn't want to have to walk all the way back in the cold, and grab dinner at the student village. But anyway, as we were talking, he mentioned that he was going to watch a movie at the auditorium, before heading back home. I inquired further, and found out that there was going to be a comedy called Role Models. And by the description he gave, it sounded like it was going to be a whole lot of fun. And by that time, I was already dead tired, and so on impulse, I decided to join him. And it was a good decision. The movie was extremely funny. It was about these two guys getting sent to do community service in exchange for jail time, for a host of charges. All I can say is, American comedy, no censorship, a black kid with an overtly sexual mind, a white guy who loves KISS, a miserable effer who got dumped by his girlfriend, a medieval battle scene, and a heck load of funnies made for one heck of a good movie. I doubt it's playing in cinemas, but if you ever get the chance, do watch it. It's bloody awesome! And definitely a good way of taking my mind of learning how to decipher the whole universe by looking at light emitted by distant objects! But then again, after all these astronomy lessons and readings, I can now look up at the sky and tell what's going on, debate with myself and try to predict the time the moon rose and the time it would set, the locations of planets relative to the sun and earth, debating where what I see is a star or a planet, and just looking up and just marvel at everything I see, trying to figure out what else I will soon learn.

Anyways, it's getting a little late right now, I have to go to bed and see what tomorrow brings me. I hope it's good.
Keep em rollin!

No comments: