Sunday, May 31, 2009

KUL to LGK

Yesterday, I was bored almost to death, so I decided to fly from Langkawi to KLIA in a 737. Flight sim that is. Not the real thing =P. The flight took me almost an hour to complete. 55 minutes if I'm not mistaken.


The flight route.


Accelerating down LGK airport.


Taking off. This is the easy part.


Lift.


Making a hard bank to get to the flight course.


Retracting the landing gear. Its usually done earlier.


Climbing to flight altitude.


The view inside the cockpit.


Still climbing.


I'm flying over Penang!


Can you see Bayan Lepas airport from here?


The Sun


Halfway into the flight, I wanted to practice some chops.


So I did a barrel roll with the 737. It would have broken into pieces if this were a real plane.


Flying over Subang Jaya. Can you see Subang Airport from here?


Making my approach to KLIA. Can you see the KLCC an KL Tower?


KLIA


Final approach to the runway. Landing is the tricky part. Especially woth commercial jets. You need to be at the right speed, and properly aligned with runway. If you are too fast, you will damage your landing gear, and kill some people. If you are not aligned, you will veer onto the grass.


Above the runway.


Touch down.


When I came in, I had to make a few adjustments.


Parked.


After flying, my friend and I went to watch Angels and Demons. It was a pretty good movie.

3 comments:

Jon Woo said...

where'd you get that sim??? i gotta try that!

Blue Bottled Eye said...

Haha.. Its installed at one of the labs at college. It's for training pilots. It's kinda addictive.

hanlim said...

hey, u're a pilot now?
thats awesome dude!