Sunday, April 19, 2009

Not Since 1981

Ever went fishing before? Well, I never have been fishing in my entire 21 years of life. The closest that I've probably had to fishing was catching the fish in my aquarium with a net. That doesn't count does it? Well anyways, yesterday, a bunch of friends and I wanted to go for some fishing. We had been talking about it for quite some time now, but the weather during the previous months were anything but friendly for fishing. Plus the winds by the sea are even stronger during those months, so unless you have proper gear, you're gonna be shivering throughout that whole two or three hours. So, while I was studying yesterday, Mike knocked on my door and asked me if I wanted to go fishing with them. They did tell me about it last night, but I assumed that it would be in the morning, and since I had woken up late, as I usually do these days, I assumed that they had already gone. So, him coming up to me at around 4 pm was rather surprising. Not being in the est of study moods, I excitedly packed my stuff, and agreed to follow them.

Upon arrival to the pier, we got off and walked to inquire about the fishing activities for that day. The lady at the counter told us that the waves have been pretty rough for the past 3 days, and that fishing had not been so great for those who have tried. But she said that maybe we could pay a dollar, walk down to the pier and speak to some of the fishers about their luck. But upon seeing the waves, Mike, being an experienced fisher, decided that it would be a waste of money to try. Apparently, the waves drive the fishes away. Plus, equipment rentals were not cheap. It cost perhaps 6 dollars to rent the rod for two hours, a further thee for bait, and there was another charge which I cant remember. So we decided to just hang around by the pier and just watch the other fishers do their thing. It was depressing though, because we were kinda excited the night before, and to be let down by the weather, definitely isn't any fun. Plus, we probably won't be able to try again anytome soon because of the exams, and the fact that Mike and Evin will be going back to Maryland for the summer.

But anyways, I watched the race last night. It was great that Vettel won in such a classy manner, but what disappointed me again was the poor showing from Ferrari. Stayed up all the way till 5 in the morning only to watch Kimi finish a distant 12th because his Ferrari was absolutely a handful in the rain. So, afteryesterday, it is the first time since 1981 that Ferrari has gone 3 races in, without any points. Genius. Pure genius.

No comments: