Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Update

So, it seems that I didn't do so bad afterall. In fact, the reason that I was just a couple of points shy of the ultimate result was because, well, I was just being me. I didn't read everything properly and I just overlooked things. It's not because I didn't know it. But to have the realization that, it was possible is just a very refreshing feeling. I know that over the next couple of days, many new and difficult challenges will present itself before me. In some ways I look forward to them, but in some ways, I wish I didn't have to take them. They are a pain in the arse. Really! But I guess, that's what makes it a whole lot sweeter because once all is said and done, I really have no reason to say that I should have, or could have, because I know I covered them all.

These days, I find failure so easy to swallow. In fact, I feel very sanguine about these things. Even when something really bad or serious happens, I realize that I've developed this twisted way of laughing it out. I'd make a joke about it, a few seconds of laughter, and the next few seconds would be me trying to find my way back, a way forward. In some ways, I am annoyed by it, but In some ways I'm glad. It reduces my stress levels by a huge percentage. I screwed up? Oh ok... I'll try again next time. It's not to say that I like failure, but, I think staying positive and not worrying about it really is the way to go.

I've been thinking lately, about how to solve most of our problems in Malaysia, and in some respect, certain parts of the world like Israel and Palestine. I have a way, but it is going to involve a very radical approach, where Malaysia is concerned, about how we view ourselves. A good portion of it is indeed race related, so in effect, what I'm suggesting is the creation of a new race-term and a huge amendment to the constitution. No longer should we call ourselves Chinese, Indians and, Malays, but rather, Malaysians. Malaysians, with an equal identity, and of equal opportunities in everything. I also believe that this is the time to separate religion from our education and governance. I think it is time that we became a nation of humanity, and not a nation of religion and ethnicity. I've seen this model work wonders in other nations where diversity is much more pronounced than that which we have in Malaysia. I think it is time we tried it too. It will be difficult, but I believe that time will certainly prove its worth. Our ancestors may have come from different parts of the world to settle here, and I respect that and we should indeed be proud of and celebrate our roots, but we certainly did not. I work on the assumption that we will not fight and kill if we know we are common. What do you think?

No comments: