Monday, April 23, 2007
The Adventure
In this journey of a million steps, I see no conceivable end. In this river flow of gushing water, I see blood spilling from its banks. What I started has been given an ending. An ending of sorrowful proportions. An ending written in anything but my own hand. My work, plagiarised. My fruits, harvested by my neighbour. My efforts, stolen and stripped of appreciation by my beneficiary. In this journey of a million steps, I have planted hundreds of steps, climbed countless ladders, but only to in the end hit the head of an extremely long a snake and journey throughout the lengths of it scales back to where I began. Back to where I started. But I shall not fall back and raise the white flag high above my head. Neither shall I wave the chequered flag. It isn't over. It never has and it never will be. At least not until the bells have been rung, the knots have been tied and the proclamation solemnised by the pious elder. To some, this may seem like a pointless scrimmage against odds that are superhuman in magnitude. But I can assure you that this isn't merely a confused struggle. This my friend, is an all out war against those with the disposition to renege on their words. This my friend, is an all out war with those who deem fraudulence to be the way of the saint. This is indeed an all out war against those with behaviour that is raffish at best. This is a clamor aimed those who commit subterfuge towards the innocent and the gullible and the trusting. But most importantly, this is a battle to reclaim lost land. This my friend is my adventure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment