Saturday, April 7, 2007

Questions

Why do humans lie? Why do humans act as if they are interested when they are not? Its a question I don't really know how to answer. But I guess that saying what I just said would be a lie because I have been guilty of doing all those things. And I'm not ashamed of admitting it. Because I know, I lie or act interested because I really have to. But then again, there were lies that are totally unnecessary. So why do we lie? Why do we behave the way we do? Why do we prefer one over the other? Why is it when we say that everyone is equal in our eyes do we still have a certain sense of prejudice towards a person who's only flaw is being born the way he or she is? Perhaps its human nature. Perhaps its who we are. But then again, aren't these the very traits that lead to our downfall?

The Americans, back in world war 2 always thought of the Japanese as corked-eyed people who couldn't fly straight. That was until the Japanese bombed the hell out of the Americans at Pearl Harbour and scored high casualty rates due to their Kamikaze attacks.

In a relationship, its often our lying that ruins the relationship for us. Its often the way we behave or react towards an issue that determines the outcome of the relationship. I always liked this girl, but I never was honest to her about the way I felt. I did give hints. But the reason I failed was because I lied to her about the way I really felt about her.

There are so many instances to this question, but yet, we rarely succeed in analyzing them. Why? Maybe it's because of our ego that tells us that everyone else but ourselves are in the wrong. Only when men and women learn the properties of humility would we advance as one. But until then, we shall rise, but in pieces. And when we fall, we fall hard.

No comments: