Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Nuclear Trial

As I write this post, I feel a rush of things going through me. First of all, I feel tired, I feel extremely happy and annoyed at the same time, and I feel satisfied. Well, we won the trials today. But barely. The juries gave us the guilty verdict, but that verdict was overturned by Professor Borges with the reason that the prosecutors did not compelling evidence against us. The reason that I'm annoyed is not because of the juries, but because of what happened when I took to the witness stand. I was in a heated arguement with Ignatius, the lawyer for the other team. He was questioning me about the bombings of the Japanese cities and I gave him my answers. And during the heated exchange of words, he accidentaly used a profanity. And on the spot, Professor Borges screwed him and asked him to be replaced as an attorney. At first, I was schocked. I though he was joking. But he proved that he was serious.

As for the other parts of the trial, they were pretty uneventful. NOthing major happened. But I really felt sorry for Ignatius. If it wasn't for my persistence, he might not have gotten replaced.

No comments: