So ends the third semester of my college life. Its been one year since I enrolled into college. So that leaves me with another year until I fly to the United States to chase my dreams. And with the end of the semester comes a well earned two week break. Of course, throughout the two week break, I can already predict how much I am going to miss alot of things. I'm going to miss my friends, my lecturer, the atmosphere at college and so many other things. But what I think that I will miss the most is studying. Studying with friends that is. And also studying to pick up new knowledge, skills as well as a broader outlook on life, perhaps from more perspectives also. I don't know about you, but I am a person who just likes to keep on learning. I find it very challenging and refreshing. Also, I find studying to be a very bonding experience. The reason I say so is because, studying, especially with friends is indeed an amazing experience. While studying, especially in the dying minutes we will be able to know just how far a friend is willing to go just so that the entire group will make it through the test. And I am thankful to say the least that I have made and understood many good friends through studying.
I know that this semester by far is not my best semester. During the start of the semester I endured a meteoric rise to the sharp end of the list. But as the semester went on, I began slipping down the order like how water does on a waxed leaf. Of course, those times were very difficult indeed. I remember spending hours on end buried in books, assignments and practice exercises just to make the grade. But all those efforts ended in vain as I barely made the grade in calculus lectures. I couldn't even sleep a wink without having to worry about my calculus results. And matters became worse when I decided to withdraw from calculus. It was so bad that I even considered, at one point in the semester, to change majors. But fortunately, I gave myself a good kick in the arse and decided to finish off what I started. Physics on the other hand was a completely different story . I just eased through every test and quiz. I even ended up with a 52/60 coursework result. This and perhaps American History were my strongest subjects.
But apart from subjects, I also managed to build many bridges with quite a few people that I have never really spoken to or bothered to take much interest in during my previous semesters. I now frequent the AUP office and am more friendlier with the staff. Mr. Sam is no longer my sworn enemy. He is quite friendly actually. Of course now I that I have built relationships with them, going through college has become a whole lot more easier. But don't get me wrong here, college is indeed a fun place. But if you fail to have contacts with those who have been there and done it, it can be pretty scary.
But now we shall come to the interesting part. I know some of you might be asking, "What about the girls. Its been ages since you last entered a relationship. Now that you are in college where many pretty girls are, did you manage to get into one now?" Well, this question is quite difficult to answer actually. Of course, there are many amazing women in my college. But as always, my answer would be, I really have no time to get into a relationship. With the pressure to score a 3.8 pinning me down on one side and my conscience telling me to stay clean, I doubt I will ever get into one. Furthermore, not having time for your partner can really bring upon disastrous results. It may start well, but after some time, we will get bored of each others excuse of not having the time to go out or speak to each other or to do things that people in relationships normally do. And I for one, don't enjoy breaking peoples heart. I just hate breaking up. I think its completely unethical to say I love you to a person for one day, and then break up with the person on the next day. That's why when I get hooked, I will make sure that she really fits the profile.
But apart from all these, there really is nothing much to say about my semester. All I can hope for is that the coming semesters will be much better. And hopefully I will be able to successfully transfer to Embry - Riddle Aeronautical University next fall.
Saturday, April 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment