Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Another Lingering Thought

I think I shall write a blog with a universally understandable content for today. And I promise not to include words with big bottoms today. Because I believe that there is indeed beauty in simplicity, and I shall indeed follow this particular adage. I know, you must already be asking me to shut up and get on with it. Oh well. To tell you the truth, I really have nothing much to say. No wait, I have something to say. It just hit me. Here goes.
Ever asked someone a question in which you were hoping for the perfect answer? Yes? Okay, now that you have answered yes, you go ahead and ask them and then get your reply. But wait, the reply wasn't exactly what you were hoping it to be. You start to go a little haywire. Your school of thoughts and words are now hanging in the balance, disrupted by that unexpected reply. You must be thinking "Crap, so what do I say now?" Then suddenly, out of the blue you reply the persons statement with another mediocre statement or a question. This of course, lands you in to an even more awkward position. Now my dear, you have enveloped yourself in an even bigger mess. So instinctively you go about trying to fix the problem. Then finally, after some attempts, you finally solve the problem. Whew! Now aren't you glad that, that was over?
But wait, you try again tomorrow, and yet again you gt an unexpected answer. An unpleasant one to say the least. Oh boy, now you've really done it again. And like before you try your level best to solve the problem. And after some nerve wreaking moments, you solve it. Phew! But then. after this you start to think to yourself, "Is it really worth my time and sanity actually trying to engage in a conversation with this person?" This thought baffles you, day and night.
At first you might reason that the person may be having a bad day, or in this case two bad days. But then you try again tomorrow, the day after and in the following weeks. And just like before, you go through the same old scenario. Now, you must be fuming! You'd have already probably started cursing and swearing at the person. I don't blame you. The bad day excuse just doesn't describe this person's problems anymore. This person is either too damn rude or this person just, I hope you don't mind my language, just doesn't want to talk to you. I mean, what other way is there to explain this? You give me a good answer, and I might just consider changing the words in this entry.
But anyways, after all those unpleasant experiences, you choose not to attempt to engage in any sort of conversation with this person. Therefore severing your already bad relationship.
This is of course from the eye of the receiver. The moral of this entry is, never be rude or callous towards anybody. No matter how bad your day is or how many cars you crashed into today. It may cause the person on the receiving end to become baffled by your insolent or rather unpredictable behaviour. Subsequently causing the person to rationalize your behaviour in the least pleasant of ways and soon not want to bother speaking to you anymore.
I hope that, with this post, I have managed cleared a major part of the shroud that has engulfed my blog since its very conception. If it didn't I have nothing more to say but to tell you to go and figure it out for yourself.
This is just one of the millions of lingering thoughts in my head.

No comments: