Tuesday, June 12, 2007
The Devil
From the dungeons the devil rose and uttered the words to his wardens, "By horn you grab the bull, in its eyes you will see the reflection of courage." He then continued, "From these chains, I have lived. My hands deformed from the constant tugging. From these gallows, I have hung until my neck, twisted like an iron rod under the heat of a furnace. But am I angry? No, I am not. I feel stronger and more aware about what you people are capable of doing to me. I have lived it." Of course, the face of the devil was beaten, scarred by the constant torture by which man humans have put him through. His body, torn and tattered by the constant whipping by the executioners cane. But my question is why? Why torture the devil when it is a part of us? A part of us, without which we can never be complete. None of us are free from evil. If there is yin, there must be yang, if there is good there must be non good. If there is god, there must be the satan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment