Friday, June 15, 2007

Life

Lately, life has given me a few surprises. Some of them pleasant, while some of them rather unpleasant. For the good part, I'm starting to find out many things about people around me. People whom in the past, I wouldn't really bother to think much of or think twice for. This doesn't mean that I have any disrespect for them but what I meant by saying this was that I never really bothered to look deeper than what lies as deep as the skin would go. This of course has somewhat clouded much of my judgements or perhaps even what I engender sometimes. This lack of light has most certainly thrown me into the gallows of darkness. Gallows which has caused others to commit sin, to commit senseless crimes and sometimes even to commit murder. Murders based on motives that are extremely vague at best. As much as these gallows condemn a person's life to a path in which there is no return, it too can condemn a person to a path of enlightenment. Well, at least that's what it did to me.

For the rather unpleasant surprises, I wouldn't want to talk much about it. But there is someone out there whom I know who isn't really in the best of shape. How deep the problem goes, I don't know. But all I know is I didn't really like what I heard. What this person told me too was almost impossible to accept. Imagining it alone is difficult. But life is such. It is filed with many inconvenient truths. We have to accept it, regardless of how severe the truth may be. All I can do is to pray and hope that this dear friend of mine pulls through and comes out of it like a fighter.

No comments: