Saturday, July 28, 2007

Back

Damn, it sure feels good to be back home. No, I've not been away or anything, but its just that the frequency at which I leave my home to engage in activities such as debate practice and getting prepared for examinations have indeed been on the rise for the past two weeks or so. Exhausting at the very least. But I can assure you that all has been for a very good reason indeed.

Well, the reason I say so is because, number one, over the past week, especially after today, I never knew that I was a reasonably good speaker. A good speaker in a sense that even a few of the more experienced judges were reasonably impressed with what I could do. BUt honestly, I seriously could not have done that without the amazing support of my teammates as well as lecturer, Kalai and Kamala.

Apart from that, I also realised how much of a coward I was when I was faced with certain challenges. Especiallly, the challenge of debating. Me being me, I often found solace in doubting my supposed capabilities. It was so bad to the point that I had to come up with so many fictitious stories just stay away from the challenge of debating. So much so, that I wanted to pull out. But I guess that I couldnt really do it because quite a few people were expecting my team to at least make it past the semi finals and at least wrap up the finals. Furthermore, my team just wouldn't let me go. This of course touched me as when it came to speaking, I doubt that anyone had pinned any hope on me. Strange eh?

But anyways, enough of speaking for me, for now.

No comments: