Sunday, July 8, 2007

Unriped Mango Made Into A Smoothie

I may share what I have, but I know that I won't. Because in the end, just like it has always been, it is every man for himself, it is every dog for its self. I may want to share it but the circumstances of this dog eat dog world leads me to believe that in the long run, sharing would only be like putting a brick over my head and making me walk on a bed of sharp ended nails for as long as the eye can see. It has always been a mano e mano, but lately, it has intensified. Wheel to wheels are permitted in this dogfight, but sadly, the chequered flag only waves for one winner each time and once at the final lap of the race. A race which is like an unriped mango, bitter and sour, but if made into a smoothie, would do well on a hot summer's day. But maybe, just maybe, I will give an inch, but be weary, for I will grab that inch away and make it mine again. Its always like that. In fact, as much as I am on the shooting end, I am as well on the being shot end.
Funny how life is most of the time. We often want to be generous, but the thought of being munificent alone often leads us to become selfish. So, its either mano e mano or living the life of a deprived spectator. I'm in it for the race.

No comments: