Monday, July 23, 2007

Liar Liar

Sometimes it amazes me, how cooly I can fabricate a story and maintain that story for a very long time without causing any suspicion at all, just to allow myself to get out of a sticky situation. I just pulled one off today. But the problem is, unlike other times, I somehow feel a deep sense of remorse for what I have done. I behaved like a true coward. Shying away fom a challenge which I knew I couldn't handle. But that's not the part which is eating me alive now. What I feel most engry about is the fact that I had to lie to my best friends and desert them at the 11th hour. All in the name of escaping from a sticky situation. I had to lie to the very people who suppoted me and relied on me so much to give them what they saw in me. They looked at me like a leader and of you think that I am proud of what I have done, let me tell you this, I have never felt so betrayed by my own self before. I feel sick to the core. But I know that I have been given a choice between two evils. And naturally, I have no choice but to choose between the lesser of the two evils. But the problem is, even the lesser of the two evils is just too much.

No comments: