Monday, October 15, 2007

Dan

Today,in the morning, after I had eaten my breakfast, I decided that I had wanted to do something which I had not done in a long time. Read a book. A good novel was on my mind. But I had one problem. I did not have any new novel to read. So, what I did was, I just stared at my mini library for a few seconds. I kept staring until I saw one of my most prized possession. My Dan Brown box set. All four novels sitting neatly inside my wooden library. After going through the four novels, I decided to read Angels and Devils, the first book that got me hooked onto Dan Brown.

The thing which I enjoy most about Dan is the way he tells a story. He can tell a story in such vivd manner that even while reading, you can already imagine the scenery, the emotions, the suspense, you almost feel as if you are in the hot seat.

Secondly, being a person who loves a fair bit of controversy, I find that I am instantly attracted by the way he cooks up a stir in the literary as well as religious worlds. I remember the amount of debates that went on not only among the commom people but also in the higher echelons of society when his book The Da Vinci code was released. I remember taking part in some of them as well and I had a good time with it. Which I think can explain my interest in the study of religion.

But overall, I still do think that he is an exceptional writer and I do hope that he comes up with more novels which we can all enjoy.

No comments: