The clock shows that its 9.38 pm right now and I am just sitting around, allowing myself to be serenaded by Paolo Nutini, reading some news and allowing my mind to reflect on quite a few things which have happened lately.
Today marked the last day of the semester and finals are next week. I had differential equations this morning and by far, this was one of my more memorable differential equations classes. Since it was the final class of the semester, we had all gotten down to practicing some sums under the guidance of Mr. Sam. So, while I was doing a Frobeinus method, I decided that I needed some fresh air. Not that it was difficult or anything. I figured that I had ample time to do it sometime later and that I needed to take a walk. So, I got up and took that short walk to the toilet, refreshed myself and proceeded to walk back to the classroom. But instead of entering the classroom, I decided to stand outside and admire the construction of INTI's new wing. Our mighty 10 story building. While I was admiring the building, saving a thought to the genius of the human mind, I heard someone open the door and walk out from the classroom. I turned around and there he was. Mr. Sam, books in hand. I figured that he had come out to ask me to get back in and do some more math. But on contrary, he did just the opposite. He stood next to me and started to talk about the new building, and about how some American company had proposed to buy a 51% stake in INTI college. We talked for quite a while and soon, we were joined by Nicholas and Justin. Its quite surprising that only a year ago, I thought that Mr. Sam was the worst lecturer around and I even said that to my head of program. I dreaded the thought of having to attend another one of his classes. But after this semester, I think he is more than just one of the best lecturers I've ever had. He is almost like a friend. And I have learnt so much from this man. Not only on how to decipher complex equations but on lessons of life, Malaysian politics, education and so much more. Too bad that this is my last semester with him. Its amazing just how much things have changed. And the way it changed is simply too amazing to put into words.
Apart from that, after what has happened over the past few weeks, I feel blessed to have the friends that I have. You have been such a source of inspiration for me and I don't know how to thank you all enough for it. I really don't know where I would be without you. You made me laugh, smile, frown, jump for joy when everything else was just so hard to deal with. And I'm absolutely grateful for that. To me, you are my biggest treasures and I will never ever trade this for any other treasures on the face of this universe. Sometimes water really is so much more thicker than blood.
Friday, October 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment