And so starts the fourth week of my seemingly very mundane semester. But wait, just when I thought that things were racing down a rather steep slope, things are starting to go up again. Yes. The mundane semester had left the building. In fact, the past four days or so have been relatively good. Over the past weekend, I attended a photo reading course and I managed to learn a new skill which is to absorb and retain about 25000 words per minute! Apart from that I also managed to meet many amazing people. Amongst them was an American lady, Lynette who was extremely cheerful, Eric who graduated from the University of West Michigan and could not stop telling me just how much fun I am going to have once I step into American shores. I even managed to meet a volunteer, Julie, who does many goodwill projects through numerous NGO's and her next one is in Cambodia. And believe it or not, she invited me to go and help her out in Cambodia during the December holidays. She also asked if I could bring my band along to play for the orphans. I said I could but it all depended on the rest of the guys. Eh Jon? Adam already said he would like to and Ping Fuan is excited about it. Its during the weekend by the way. So it won't interfere with your college.
Then, college suddenly became so full of life. Studies are no longer as boring anymore. In fact, its becoming slightly challenging and would most certainly keep me on my feet for at least a couple of weeks. Florida Tech paid a visit yesterday and gave a talk about their university which is located just three miles from the Florida beach!! Cape Canaveral is not too far away as well. Plus the scholarships to study there is amazing. Perhaps I should apply to Florida Tech as well. But only if I am rejected by Embry-Riddle which I will know in a couple of weeks at least. But hey, they will be over at college tomorrow, so maybe I can ask them what has become of my application.
Oh yeah, my parents just returned this morning thus ending my week of freedom. Last night I had a weird but very surprising dream. In it I.....hmmm.. better not say. It was so fun that waking up was evil.
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment