It has become a routine for the past three years where everytime Christmas comes around the corner, I would somehow find myself attending church along with my Christian friends for a fun filled and exciting morning. Two years ago it was at SAGC, last year it was at SJGC and this year it was SAGC. But it was a little strange this time around because during the previous years, I had my invites well in advance but this year I only got it in the morning of the event. In fact I was quite surprised not to get one. But anyways, David invited me and he had arranged for Elena to pick me up at the bus stop opposite Summit.
Upon reaching Summit, I discovered that I had a full tank and therefore I needed the services of a lavatory. I quickly jumped out of the car and walked into Summit. Having very little knowledge of the layout of Summit, I decided put my faith in the signboards. But unfortunately, my blind faith was unfounded because I found the signboards to be grossly misleading. There I was with a tank full of stuff and there were the signboards leading me in circles. But thankfully after some navigating, I managed to find the toilets which surprisingly were very clean. Then after I had done my business, I got out from the toilet and checked the time. 10.20. It could only mean one thing, Elena was late but she could be on the way at any moment now. And just as I was walking out from Summit, I received a call from Elena. She had already arrived. I quickly ran up the overhead bridge and into her blue Kelisa.
Then, after some very noisy and "serene" driving, we reached her church. We got in and proceeded to the hall where the event would take place. I managed to meet a few people up there. Among them were Andrew and Darren, I hope I spelt that correctly. Then after some talking I proceeded downstairs because they were about to practice and it would be best not to give me any spoilers for the actual show. So I went down, got myself a newspaper and some chewing gum. Then as I was reading the newspapers, Yvonne came up to me and said that we could all go upstairs.
So we went up and I took a seat beside Elena. She then introduced me to her cousin, Sarah. Then while talking, I received a huge jab on my back, I turned around and saw my long lost brother, Mr. David Lim Yu Liang. And as usual, I jabbed him back. Then the event began with a live band. We stood up, sang and clapped along with them. David was playing the guitars. Then there was a sketch which depicted how the true meaning of Christmas is somewhat diminishing due to the lack of understanding about what Christmas really meant. After that there was a magic show followed by a short powerpoint presentation which was very emotionally gripping. It took me a whole lot of strength to stay composed because the scenes of Jesus being whipped and crucified were very graphical and the music was rather touching. Then there was another short sketch about how sometimes the best gifts on earth are sometimes packed in the least colorful of packages which I felt was extremely true. Once that was over and done with, came the rather energetic sermon which I found to be both extremely hillarious due to the very funny jokes and rather enlightening due to the arguments posed. After the sermon, we had lunch.
Lunch was good. And I finally managed to meet David's sweetheart. Eh David? Then we were all joined by a couple of people and we talked and had a good time. After some time, David and Shu had to leave so I ended up hanging out with Ian and Eric. Then after speaking to them, Elena and I were about to leave but she had something to do so we had wait for a little while. But that little while turned into more than a little while. Elena? Then once she had finished, we got into her car and she drove us back. Unfortunately, due to the lack of petrol in her car, she had to drop me off at Summit and therefore I had to walk back.
Oh yeah, Elena, all the best for your 5 week stay at the Resedential Bible School. Take care of yourself and have lots of fun. We're all gonna miss you while you're gone.
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment